The Worry Cure: Seven Steps to Stop Worry from Stopping You
Publication Date: 10/24/2006
Publsher: Crown/Harmony/Random House
Description: This empowering seven-step program, including practical, easy-to-follow advice and techniques, will help you:
• Determine your “worry profile” and change your patterns of worry
• Identify productive and unproductive worry
• Take control of time and eliminate the sense of urgency that keeps you anxious
• Focus on new opportunities—not on your fear of failure
• Embrace uncertainty instead of searching for perfect solutions
• Stop the most common safety behaviors that you think make things better—but actually make things worse
Designed to address general worries as well as the unique issues surrounding some of the most common areas of worry—relationships, health, money, work, and the need for approval—The Worry Cure is for everyone, from the chronic worrier to the occasional ruminator. It’s time to stop thinking you’re “just a worrier” who can’t change and start using the groundbreaking methods in The Worry Cure to achieve the healthier, more successful life you deserve.
Book Review: In this clearly written, user-friendly self-help book, Robert L. Leahy draws on the very best of empirically supported treatments for worry. Integrating cognitive therapy, acceptance and commitment, meta-cognitive therapy, problem-solving therapy, treatment for intolerance of uncertainty, emotional avoidance, and time management, the author guides the reader through steps for self-evaluation of the nature of worry and specific techniques for reversing worry.