Description: From distinguished researcher/clinician Russell A. Barkley, this treasured parent resource gives you the science-based information you need about attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and its treatment. It also presents a proven eight-step behavior management plan specifically designed for 6- to 18-year-olds with ADHD. Offering encouragement, guidance, and loads of practical tips, Dr. Barkley helps you:
• Make sense of your child's symptoms.
• Get an accurate diagnosis.
• Work with school and health care professionals to get needed support.
• Learn parenting techniques that promote better behavior.
• Strengthen your child's academic and social skills.
• Use rewards and incentives effectively.
• Restore harmony at home.
Updated throughout with current research and resources, the third edition includes the latest facts about medications and about what causes (and doesn't cause) ADHD.
click below for more helpful material, organized alphabetically